What is Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising?
Pay Per Click marketing is a way of using search engine advertising to generate clicks to your website, rather than “winning” clicks organically. You’ll often see sponsored ads at the top of Google’s search results page, marked with a green Ad. That’s pay per click advertising, more specifically Google AdWords PPC.
How does Pay Per Click advertising work?
Every time your Ad is clicked, it sends a visitor to your website, you pay the search engine a small fee, and that’s why it’s called “pay per click.”
Well-designed Pay Per Click campaigns.
When your PPC campaign is well-designed and running smoothly, that fee we mentioned will be small, because the visit is worth more to your business than what you pay for it. For example, if you pay £1.00 for a click, but the click results in a £100 sale, then using PPC isn’t rocket science.
Ultimately, Pay Per Click marketing is good for everyone.
The unique advantage of Pay Per Click marketing is that Google (and other ad networks) don’t just reward the highest bidders for Ad space, they reward the highest-quality ads – the ads that are most popular with users. Essentially, Google rewards superior performance, just as it does with SEO. The better your ads, the greater your click-through rates and the lower your costs.
Google AdWords for Pay Per Click Marketing
Google AdWords – by far the most popular PPC platform – operates on a pay per click model, in which users bid on keywords and pay for each click on their advertisements, and this is what we provide, and we do it extremely well.
Every time a search is initiated, Google digs into the pool of bidding AdWords advertisers and chooses a set of winners to appear in the ad space on its search results page. The “winners” are chosen based on a combination of factors, including the quality and relevance of their keywords and ad text, as well as the size of their keyword bids.
More specifically, who gets to appear on the page and where is based on an advertiser’s Ad Rank, a metric calculated by multiplying two key factors – Cost Per Click (CPC) Bid (the highest amount an advertiser is willing to spend) and a Quality Score (a value that takes into account your click-through rate, relevance, and landing page quality, among other factors). In turn, your Quality Score affects your actual cost per click, or Cost Per Click.
This system allows winning advertisers to reach potential customers at a cost that fits their budget.
The good news for advertisers is that in giving the search engines what they want (relevant pay per click adverts) you’re also delivering targeted advertisements to people who are literally seeking out your product. It’s a win-win.
Keyword research, campaign setup and monitoring.
We take care of the challenging work. We research your market place, find appropriate keywords, design and setup your campaign. We use a tried and tested method to get this stage right, which minimises the Cost Per Click that you’ll pay. For example, a recent Pay Per Click campaign keywords bidding strategy initially cost £0.76 per click, however once optimised by our team, the average CPC paid was only £0.42, that’s a 55% cost per click saving.
We produce the advert, submit to Google and setup the cost parameters which you specify.
Is Pay Per Click Marketing Right for your business?
- Grow Your Customer Base – Connect with searchers actively looking for products and services like yours, and respond to that need by providing them with an offer relevant to their search query.
- Generate business leads at low cost – Pay Per Click marketing allows you to reach leads and prospects when they’re researching and looking to buy. It’s a highly effective method to drive interested visitors to your website. Plus, you can enjoy an algorithmically generated discount from the search engines in exchange for making their users happy.
The truth is that Pay Per Click advertising can work for almost any kind of business.
- Driving business to an ecommerce website.
- Lead generation for service based business.
- Brand building.
- Drive footfall and/or calls to a local store.
The difficulty is in the execution. To get the most out of your Pay Per Click advertising campaign, you need to follow best practice.
Keyword Research for Pay Per Click Advertising.
Keyword research for PPC can be time-consuming, but it is vitally important as your entire PPC campaign is built around keywords, and the most successful AdWords advertisers continuously grow and refine their PPC keyword list. We do this using a variety of tools and not just Keyword Planner.
The key here is to identify the most valuable long-tail, low-cost and highly relevant keywords that could be driving traffic to your site.
We’ll ensure that your Pay Per Click marketing is:
- Relevant – We find targeted keywords that will lead to a high PPC click-through rate, a low cost per click, and increased profits, for website traffic that your business is looking for. That means the keywords you bid on should be closely related to the offerings you sell.
- Exhaustive – We ensure that keyword research will include not only the most popular and frequently searched terms in your niche, but also extend to the long tail of search. Long-tail keywords are more specific and less common, but they add up to account for most search-driven traffic. In addition, they are less competitive, and therefore less expensive.
We Manage your Pay Per Click Campaigns’
Once we’ve created your new campaigns, we manage them regularly to make sure they continue to be effective. In fact, regular account activity is one of the best forecasters of account success.
We continuously analyse the performance of your Google ads and your AdWords account.
By continuously optimising a Pay Per Click campaign, we’re able to grow your customer base and increase ROI.